5 Books Every Girlboss Should Read
Behind every successful Girlboss is a giant bookshelf of life-changing books. Don't get me wrong, I love a good trashy romance novel or thriller as much as the next girl, but my most favorite type of books are those that inspire me to dream bigger and live my best life. Below is a list of my favorites - a few I've read, some I'm reading now, and others that are on deck for later this year.
1. #Girlboss by Sophia Amoruso - Because, obviously. Sophia Amoruso shares her story about how she built her online empire, and does it with a touch of humor. Her tone is real and she tells it like it is offering advice on how you can make a living doing what you love. It's a really easy, fun read, but it will definitely get your wheels turning. Buy it now.
2. The Universe Has Your Back by Gabby Bernstein - I just started reading this, but it already has me hooked! As a busy entrepreneur, I've been finding peace in Yoga and am working on establishing more mindfulness in my life. In reading the reviews, this book hits all the right notes. From the author - "This book is about helping people find safety in the midst of uncertainty, power when they feel powerless, and love in a fearful world." I'll update you once I finish it, or just pick it up and try it out yourself! Buy it now.
3. Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert - The Author of Eat, Pray, Love, Elizabeth Gilbert, talks readers through the creative process in a playful, yet very real way. While she primarily speaks from a writer's perspective, anyone can apply her words and lessons to their own life. This was a great read and really inspired me to reexamine myself and truly start embracing my creativity. Get it here.
4. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life - I'm pretty sure the title speaks for itself. This is on my list of reads, but according to the reviews, this book will teach and inspire you to create a life that you absolutely love and how to create that life NOW. This book doesn't mess around and it definitely gets my vote. Get it here.
5. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey - Now this is the O.G. of inspirational books. Inspiring people for over 25 years, it's one of those books that gives you practical advice that you can apply to your own life and tells you how you can follow through. If you read only one of these books, I suggest you start here. Get it here.